Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Joys of Potty Training...

Today while Gabe was supposed to be napping, I kept hearing him repeat "want mommy come look at it".  I finally decided I'd better go in and see what he had done.  Much to my surprise, there on the floor was a very poopy diaper - open face -  and Gabe in a different set of pants than he'd been wearing when I put him down.  I don't know how he did it, but he got his own diaper off, and then proceeded to try on 3 pairs of new pants, with poop still all over his bum.  As I looked around the room, there on his rug were little brown spots where he'd sat down to play with his toys afterward.  Needless to say, I put him straight in the bathtub, and was extremely grateful we splurged last fall and bought a carpet cleaner.  I couldn't help but laugh almost the whole time.  On the plus side, he's clearly not comfortable being in a poopy diaper anymore, so I have high hopes that he'll be potty trained VERY soon.  :)  

4 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

What a good, nice mommy you are to laugh while scrubbing up poopoos everywhere!!! EEK!

Nancy and Spencer said...

GOO!

Rachel said...

Oh the joys to come...Gotta love being a mom.

Parks Family said...

I remember those days. You sound more patient than I was. I guess those are the moments the only thing to do is to shake your head and laugh otherwise you just might go crazy!