Monday, April 14, 2008

Our 5 year Anniversary trip!!!

Michael and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary this past weekend!!  Since Michael whisked me off for a surprise honeymoon after we were married, I thought it would be fun to celebrate by whisking him away for a weekend alone together.  Duste' and Ryan and Lacey were kind enough to watch Gabe for the weekend for us.  Gabe had a blast!!!  

We went up to Baltimore to the Inner Harbor.  I had gone there last year for the marathon, and as soon as I laid eyes on the Inner Harbor, I knew I had to bring Michael there.  It's a beautiful stretch of harbor with a large shopping mall, and tons of awesome restaurants with outside patios to eat on.  We spent our mornings sleeping in (true heaven!!) and then drove to the harbor every day.  We ate delicious food, watched street performers, and shopped a little.  We may have single handedly kept the Cheesecake Factory in business while we were there (can you blame us!?!?)  We also went to the Aquarium - which we highly recommend!! - and to the EPSN Zone in hopes of watching the National Cheerleading competition that was happening that weekend.  (we missed it - it was at another conference building).  We had a wonderful weekend, and are looking forward to many more happy years together.



At the Aquarium
Outside the ESPN Zone
Our delicious (and VERY filling) sushi lunch
Baltimore's Inner Harbor
The happy couple at the Inner Harbor

1 comment:

James and Summer said...

Congratulations on FIVE years!!! What a fun idea - looks like a neat adventure! We had a baby for our 5 year anniversary, but James and I celebrated in March by having a day at the spa of couples massages, etc. It was wonderful! I am so excited to be keeping in touch with everyone this way! CUUUUTE Blog!