Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July 5k

Most of you know that I love to run, and that I have a goal to run a 5k this summer with each of the boys.  I ran a 5k with Gabe on the 4th.  He did really well until the 2 mile mark, when we made our first loop past the finish line.  He saw daddy and the crowd and figured we were done.... until we kept going.  He was really upset that we kept going and started bawling.  I made it about 50 meters past the finish area before I had to turn around with him and drop him off with Michael.  :)  I then finished the race feeling light as a feather without the stroller!  The amazing part was that even with my set back with Gabe, I still managed to run my fasted 5k ever!  Yay!

Rarrrrr!!  Be scared, be very scared
Our first loop, just before the meltdown
A picture from our first race 2 years ago

9 comments:

Megan said...

Nice job Jenny! That is pretty impressive to get your fastest time while pushing a stroller. Great job!

Heather Singleton said...

Wow~ congrats! that's so great that you can do that!

Nancy and Spencer said...

Tough as nails.

Andrew and Lori Stewart said...

Wow you are amazing!! someday I'll do that! :)

Rachel said...

Good job! Thats awesome..hopefully I'll be doing a tri next year.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

You're so freakin' awesome!!!!!!!

Papa and Mimi Eldredge said...

Rockin'!!! We're proud of you... big time.

Gina said...

You are my hero! I think that is so awesome!

The Borlands said...

You go girl!